Monday, August 10, 2009

Was your weekend as boring as mine?

I accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend. Well, unless you count:

1. Paying bills.

2. Driving the kid to his first Tae Kwon Do lesson (he was in heaven and totally loved it - I had to listen to the sales pitch, fill out forms and hand over money so not as much fun for me).


3. Dinner with my mother.


4. Trip to the grocery store (y'know, could they PLEASE stop re-organizing the store because I'm really tired of not being able to find ANYTHING!).


5. Trip to the movies (saw "Aliens in the Attic" Whew - it was BAD! But the kid liked it - of course, he likes ANY movie because it means he gets to eat "Dibs.")


6. Two hours updating website.


7. One hour practicing Cub Scout pledge with kid.


8. Ordered a container of Patina Gel from "Cool Tools" website so I can patina my chain and wire.


Oh, and I made this:



Usually, I'm pretty good at naming stuff, but I have no idea what to call this. The only thing that keeps popping into my head is "Summer Hummer" and, well, no. Just...no.

Any suggestions?




The gorgeous hummingbird totem pendant is made out of porcelain and was created by artist Laura Mears.




I added keshi pearls and some ocean jasper (I think?) briolettes in shades of forest green and ruby to match the colors of the hummingbird. The chain is oxidized silver.

That's it. I really do live in the fast lane of excitement.


KJ

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I think you accomplished quite a lot!

I like the piece. That hummingbird is certainly very lovely and perfect for the person who has an affinity for these lovely creatures! Our hummingbird hasn't visited us in awhile.

I like to pull names from song lyrics, prose and poetry. Check out this link to some poems all about hummingbirds...
http://www.hummingbirdworld.com/h/haiku.htm

I like the line from the haiku...
"Out of heaven, still glittering"

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Silver Parrot said...

Erin - great website! Thanks for the link. I usually mine Greek or Celtic mythology for names, but I wasn't having any luck with the hummingbird in those areas. I'm glad you like the necklace - I wasn't sure I had done a good enough job of tying the two strands together. That pendant turned out to be surprisingly difficult to design around.