Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Resolutions & Reflections

I know, most people start out the New Year with resolutions, but Homey don’t play dat. I flirted with trying them out the past two years. As a result of that scientifically-based research study, I feel confident with my decision to revert to my original stance on resolutions. To wit: they are a big fat waste of my mental time and energy. I can never keep up with them and really? I don’t need any more items on my “yearly list of stuff I’ve failed at doing well” do you?

Yeah, that’s what I thought. And see? Now you have my research study to back you up on that.

I will pause while you shower me with gratitude (and presents).

It seems to make more sense to reflect on the good and bad of the past year and try to come away with some understanding of myself.

So, here is some of what 2010 taught me:

I kick ASS at “Angry Birds.”

Vanilla-scented, shea-infused lounge socks from Bath & Body Works are like orgasms for your feet.

Nyquil may be the only cold medicine that works, but it tastes like a cross between vomit and gasoline. Cherry-flavored, my ass!

Courtesy of “Glee: Karaoke” for the Wii, I learned that despite all of my years singing in choirs, I apparently can’t sing for sh*t. BUT, white girl can bust a rhyme, yo. “Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it…vanilla ice, ice baby.”

I am ridiculously thrilled by the sight of my jewelry designs in magazines.

I can live perfectly fine without a working oven, but if the AC dies, I’m going to a hotel for the night.

Danny Glover and I are BOTH getting too old for this sh*t.

I bought A LOT of beads in 2010. When I end up on an episode of “Hoarders” it will show people in Haz Mat suits tossing bins of beads into trucks to be hauled away. About halfway through the second day, they’ll finally unearth my desiccated corpse…and there will be a smile on my face.

The blog got boring, predictable and oh-so-hard to write (especially towards the end of 2010). It needs a re-vamp. Stay tuned for some announcements later this week about what I’m going to do to it!

And Happy New Year!

KJ

9 comments:

SummersStudio said...

You're back and as usual you tickle me pink with your sensible attitude towards the important things in life. Happy 2011.

Unknown said...

KJ!
Nope Homey don't play dat here either!
B&B socks oh yeah baby!
Nyquil best and worst for sure!
I will never get that out hook out of my head today!

YOU ARE FAR FROM BORING!

Hugs and Cheers for a good year!

Amy F said...

Nothing wrong with hoarding beads. And that's the story I'm stickin' with. (if the hoarders people do come to your house, you can hide your beads at my house & I'll give them back to you when the coast is clear. I'll send the u-haul. cause i'm an enabler like that)

TesoriTrovati said...

I have missed you Miss Thang! Is the Glee Karaoke worth it? I do pretty well singing along to the CDs in my car, but I might buy it if you think it would fun.
Can't wait to see what wild ride we will be on for 2011. Let's make it a stellar year!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

lunedreams said...

I'm with you there on the "resolutions"! They are both cheesy and oppressive. Actually, I loathe stated goals of any kind. I just. Don't. Do them. Rather, I have "options", i.e., things I MIGHT do. Should circumstances and/or mood allow. Some options are more attractive than others. Some options might have more critical... ramifications than others. And if I eventually choose one of my "options", I prefer to do it on the spur of the moment. Without telling anyone.

I don't have a clue what "Angry Birds" is, but it does sound like something you would definitely kick ass at. I would not challenge you at "Angry Birds."

Can't WAIT to see what you do with your blog! Hear you on the bored thing, I feel like all my posts are basically, "YAWN. Um, here, you can look at this. Well...gotta run." I'm becoming taciturn in my old age. Inspire me, Kelly!

elisabeth said...

Girlfriend you crack me up! Yours is one of the only blogs I read out loud and always makes everyone in the room laugh! Can't wait to see where you head in 2011

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oye Lit'l Missy,

I'm really likin the new redecorating project! I can't wait to see the finished digs!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx

EmandaJ said...

Kelly, I LOVE your blog -- you are NOT boring! But I know what you mean about writing a blog. You will notice there's a week or more between posts on MY blog.

I hate resolutions too.

I'm looking forward to whatever you have in store for us.

Emanda

Cathryn said...

*giggles about hoarding beads* Yeah let them come!