Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Turtle Power

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on my "We're All Ears" reveal.  I really was not fishing for compliments, but just being honest about how I thought the project turned out.  Still, it was nice to know that perhaps I was being overly harsh on myself.  I did some more playing around with that technique over the weekend and I think I have resolved what was bugging me about it.  Results will be revealed this Saturday as part of a waxed linen cord blog hop I am participating in so stop by to check it out.

In the meantime, remember that amazing turtle adventure I had last summer?  If you don't, you can go here to read about it and see the video.  As a result, I started collecting turtle-related beads, pendants, etc. and here's the first design I completed as a result:


 
 
I saw this cute ceramic turtle link at Pajego Art House and asked if she would be kind enough to make me a pair and she was!  Aren't they so cute?

 
 
 
Accent beads are some small carved wood rounds and pink shell ovals both from Michael's.


 
 
The teal rondelles are dyed jade and I used brass wire and brass earring hooks.
 
Now the turtle curse is well and truly broken as I can take turtles with me wherever I go!
 
KJ
 
P.S.  I will get back on track with the 1,000 post winner announcements later this week.

No comments: