Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Highest of Highs and the Lowest of Lows

If I didn't already have proof enough that life is truly the biggest, scariest roller coaster around, this week has sure confirmed it for me.  I went from receiving some really fantastic, long-awaited good news to getting some really super terrible news...all in about 24 hours.

When I came back from vacation on Monday, I was greeted with the news that I have advanced in my career and moved ahead at my company.  I've been working very hard towards this goal and it was really exciting to find out that my hard work has paid off.

The next day, I received the devastating news that a dear friend has been diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition.  It was like getting punched in the stomach and now I find myself ping-ponging back and forth between states of happiness for myself, but absolute sadness on behalf of my friend with a mid-way stop in Guiltsville.

How do I reconcile these two extremes?  Is it even possible?  I'm not even sure why I'm writing this other than the hope that putting my feelings down in words will somehow clarify things for me.

I hope to be back in balance soon and am looking forward to sharing some of the amazing photos and experiences from our trip.

KJ

2 comments:

Shai Williams said...

Congrats on your promotion. I am sure your friend will feel the same regardless of the issues with their health.

Lorelei Eurto said...

I am so so sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. Try to stay strong and supportive for them, that's all you can do.
Congratulations on your job advancement! I am so proud of you and knew your hard work would have to pay off eventually. xo Thinking of you today....