Friday, May 15, 2015

It's Raining Beads

On the upside, the new camera is here. It's here...it's here...it's here!  Happy Dance!!!!

On the downside...it is raining buckets so no playing with the new toy.  In fact, I was lucky that I alerted a neighbor to keep an eye out for the Fed Ex guy for me while I was at work so that my new toy didn't get left on my front steps in the rain!  I guess I can't complain too much, though, because we SO need the rain.  In February and March, when we usually get our rains, we had weeks of 90+ degree temps.  Now that it's May...we're getting rain.  Probably not enough to make a serious dent in the drought, but we'll take what we can get and hope it prevents us from having a disastrous fire season later this year.

So, since no camera play for me today, I thought I'd post some beady goodness:


 
 
Perfectly fitting for my new obsession...a bronze focal with a bird design from Eden Art Glass.
 
 
 
 
Verdigris spikes from Linden Avenue.
 
 
 
 
Mykonos ceramic spikes in black...
 

 
 
...and copper and...
 

 
 
...wavy, patinated spikes from Naos Glass.
 
 
 
 
Wavy, patinated two-hole disks from Fab Beads.
 
 
 
 
Czech glass teardrops in soft lavender and...
 

 
 
...mint green with a Picasso finish and...
 

 
 
...candy-colored Czech glass rondelles from Dream Girl Beads.


 
 
Cute little tribal birdies and...
 

 
 
...daisy charms both from Tree Wings Studio.
 
 
 
 
Delicate white porcelain butterfly with blue floral design and...
 
 
 
 
...matching beads from Springwood Porcelain.
 
 
 
 
Aqua/white ceramic bead set from Pajego Art House.
 
 
 
 
Beautifully colored lampwork glass from Sue Beads.
 
Just the way to spend a rainy day...creating with beautiful materials!
 
KJ

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

You've got a super collection of beads! Hope it stops raining soon so you can get out with your new camera!

Amy F said...

Love that bird focal!